(Hope) it's never too late to explore Bali!

So now i'm still in Bali. I actually don't know when to go home cause i'm still enjoying being here.. Thanks to this unexpected vacation. Hehehe.. Plus i visited places almost all by myself. I know you might think it's weird, but glad i finally did it. Idk, challenging myself, or probably i just being stupid.

Last time i was here was about 2 months ago, during last days of Ramadhan and we even pray Ied here. Of course i was with my mom and my sister coming here. I always came here with them before. It's fun having family time but somehow i always felt it's just not enough. Some places are just not suitable for elder people to visit, you know. So yeah, this time i did it myself.. Yeay!

On my first days here, i did explore Bali, but i was focusing to the shopping mall. Hahahah.. So i'm not gonna tell you that. it's pretty much the same every where.

1. Batu Bolong Beach (Canggu, North Kuta; September 14th)
i was here with Bert, not alone. i was hoping i can enjoy the sunset, but turns out the gojek drove so so so so so sooooo slow. So i missed it. But the view right after the sunset was still beautiful, though. But i didn't take any picture of the beach there. Aaaand i didn't explore much since at that time i was busy looking for a place to pray that didn't exist. So yeah, i still don't know why it called "Batu Bolong".

2. Kuta Beach (Kuta; Sep 15th)
yeah, everybody know this beach, i suppose. So many tourists here. I, my aunt, and cousins were actually visiting Beachwalk Shopping Mall but then we ended up enjoying sunset at Kuta Beach, since the shopping mall's facing the beach. Quite relaxing.




3. Tegenungan Waterfall (Gianyar; Sep 17th)
this time i went north, visited some places in one day. Tegenungan Waterfall was my first destination. Unfortunately google maps lead me to a broken road. There was land slide so only 1 bike could pass the road. You should be careful passing the road, or otherwise you could fall down to the cliff. good news is i'm pretty much experienced driving my scooter at this kind of roads. Pheeww.. Oh, i started missing you right away, Heidi. I know I can drive my scooter alone, but it must be good to have you as a company, just like always. Hahahahah.

anyway, at the parking lot, i saw many cars so i assumed they took other roads.

There's 165 stairs to step off to reach the waterfall (hmm, clearly someone has done the math). And the waterfall itself was not so high. Many tourists went swimming, but not me. It's not a perfect waterfall to swim. Too crowded. Hahaha. In my thoughts, the waterfall is good, but i've seen other waterfalls that have better view.. Hehehe.

Ticket price: Rp 15.000,00



4. Campuhan Ridge Walk (Ubud; Sep 17th)
after Tegenungan Waterfall, i drove my scooter north, to Campuhan Ridge Walk in Ubud. I heard about this place plenty often, but didn't quite know what's on it, so i think it's time to figure it out.

Aaaaand i followed the hard way again.. Hvft. it's not a broken road again, but i had to follow a river to reach the ridge. But (again) it's not a regret to find the river. I found it more beautiful than the ridge itself. Hahahahah. According to google, it's called Oos River. Unfortunately i got no company to explore the river. I didn't mean to be a chicken, but it could be quite dangerous to do that, you know.

So Campuhan Ridge Walk is about 1 km long. It's an easy walk. Not many trees on it, so it's very hot since i visited that at 2-3 pm (omg!). But it's perfect for jogging or running in the morning or afternoon.

Just after i finished the walk, i found out that there was an easier way to reach the ridge. Hahaha. Then i decided to have a walk at Ubud Street. Many tourists and shops (interesting shops!) but i wasn' there to go shopping, so i continued my journey (went north agaaaaiin!!)

Oh anyway, i think it's a no for elder people that have problem in walking to visit this place.

Entry ticket price: free (yeay!)



5. Tegallalang Rice Terrace View (Tegalalang; Sep 17th)
yeah i drove my scooter a half hour to north from Ubud, and then i arrived at this rice terrace. I parked my scooter at the central parking, and have a little walk. At first, I was anxious cause i never went to places like this with no company. What if i got too tired walking and started fainting? Hahahahah. But turns out it's a nice walk, though. Easy walk. The weather is good, no sun. It was cool.

There i met a woman from India. She decided to walk alone just like me while her husband took care of their child at a restaurant nearby.

Entry ticket price: free
Parking ticket price: free


6. Green Bowl Beach (Ungasan, Badung Regency; Sep 18th)
i drove my scooter far south that day. It should be an hour drive, but it takes a half hour addition for me to figure out the right way. Glad I eventually arrived there, though. Hahah.

It's a secluded beach. There are stairs behind a temple at the parking lot. And you'll have to step off many stairs of the cliff to reach it. But it's worth it. Seriously. Not many tourists, white sand, plus relaxing sound of the sea.

If only I came earlier. Decided not to stay for long since i might have problem with the stairs plus it would be so dark cause there's no lamp, and probably even darker since you can't see the sunset from there.

Again, it's a no no for elder people. Even The Campuhan Ridge is easier than this one. But, it's no pain no gain, though.

Trivia: my grandma often came to the Temple when she was a little. But only to the temple, not to the beach. Too bad. Figured that out when i told her i went to that beach after i came home.

Entry ticket price: free
Parking ticket price: free


7. Balangan Beach (Jimbaran; Sep 18th)
i came to this beautiful beach accidentally on my way back home from Green Bowl Beach. Didn't plan it at all. I just saw the board with the beach name on it and all of a sudden i followed the directions that lead to the beach, no Gmaps at all. So yeah, i drove my scooter and hoping i didn't miss the sunset.

Aaand thank God, there's still time for me to set the camera and took pictures. Yeaaayy!! Seriously, it's gorgeous. You should see it yourself.


8. Matahari Terbit Beach and Sanur Beach (Denpasar; Sep 19h)
these two beaches are located side by side. Matahari Terbit Beach was actually my destination. I was planning to see the sunrise (bet that's why they call it Matahari Terbit Beach, matahari means sun, terbit means rise, so you can see the sunrise at the beach).

Unfortunatelly, it was a failed sunrise view cause it was raining earlier that day. But i took walk a little further to south alongside the beach until i reached Sanur Beach. Not a long walk though. And i think it's good to have a jog there cause they have the track. I'll try it later.

Despite the failed sunrise, i enjoyed it being there. Still a nice view.

Entry ticket price: Rp 2.000,00 (but they didn't give you any ticket though)


So yeah it was a great journey. Really. Never thought i'd be so enjoying this trip. Visiting many places. But i guess you'll never know what's waiting in front of you, right?

But am i feeling enough now? Guess i'll never feel enough. Hope it's not too late to explore Bali, even the world.

Komentar