I envy you..

a conversation in one of my WhatsApp group triggered me to write this. well, not really a conversation, since I was the one who casually said it in the group. I said "... soalnya cewek sunda kulitnya bagus-bagus. hix..." ("... because Sundanese girls have very good complexion. cry..."). and I couldn't get that off of my mind. so I thought, why don't we write something? 😉😉

so yeah, actually I was unaware of this "minor detail". many of my friends said something like Sundanese girls's (or women's) complexion are good. I used to keep thinking that it doesn't really matter, the ethnicity. I mean I used to think all Indonesian have quite same skin. but now that I met many Sundanese girls, I start to think "okay, they got the point..."

I would say Sundanese women have fairer skin than Javanese, and sometimes I think they're blessed with healthy glowing skin. well, that's my opinion.

Wikipedia said "The Sundanese are an Austronesian ethnic group native to the western part of the Java Island". so yeah, basically we live on the same island, but what makes our complexion become quite different? I know we are what we eat, but come oooooooonnn...

what? I sound so envious to you? probably because I do envy them. hahahahah.

but now, I learn to be grateful for what I have, I make peace with myself. I take that this is what I'm blessed with. a medium skin with freckles and sometimes a little pimples. i don't care.. hahahahaha. no, no, no, not true. I go crazy when I have pimples. okay, not as crazy as when I was on my high school age, where my face got so oily, and acnes were soooooo easy to come. hvft. (blame the hormones!) now that I'm an adult (dammit! I'm an adult. feeling old), my face complexion become more stable, I guess. My face got oily more on the T-zone, while the rest, I feel like it's quite normal. although lately, I grow few pimples. I don't know why. is that because of something I ate? some new skincare products I used? some make up I used? hahaha, I tried a lot of things lately.

so yeah, just wanna see the good thing, at least I get the chance to try a lot of skincare in order to achieve healthier skin (yeah!). if I already have complexion like Sundanese, I probably won't bother trying so many skincare products. hehe.



Disclaimer:

  • I know that many other ethnicities have great skin, but this is just an example. thank you very much.

Komentar